Lee Early College applications now available
Students currently enrolled in eighth grade may begin the application process for Lee Early College, Lee County Schools’ choice high school located on the campus of Central Carolina Community College (CCCC).
All Lee County high schools — Lee County High School, Southern Lee High School and Lee Early College (LEC) — provide students with a multitude of opportunities. As an early college, LEC offers students a unique educational experience.
At LEC, students are afforded the opportunity to earn a high school diploma and an Associate’s Degree, accelerated and honors-level high school coursework. The school also offers students the chance to earn dual credit through the completion of college classes at Central Carolina Community College, a close-knit supportive learning environment and more.
For students interested in applying, here are several important dates to remember:
- 13, 2018 – Jan. 8, 2019 at 5:30 p.m.: Parent Tours of LEC (parent tours are a mandatory component of the student application).
- 27, 2018 at 6:15 p.m.: Prospective Parent Information Meeting at the Dennis A. Wicker Civic Center lecture hall.
- January 18, 2019: Completed applications due to Middle School Counselors.
- February 1, 2019: Notification for students to be interviewed at LEC.
- February 12, 2019 at 6 p.m.: Student and parent interviews at LEC.
- March 1, 2019: Notification to students accepted to LEC (accepted students must return their acceptance form to their school counselor in order to confirm their seat).
- March 15, 2019: Final student acceptance/decline information due from Middle School Counselors to Lee Early College.
Students may only enter LEC as an incoming freshman and must be residents of Lee County at the time of enrollment. Students who are enrolled in home school, a private school or a charter school are also able to apply for LEC and may call to request to be added to a tour or to schedule an appointment for a visit. There are several tour dates scheduled, but LEC will accommodate any parents or guardians who are unable to attend one of those dates — Nov. 13, Nov. 27, Dec. 4, Dec. 11 or Jan. 8 at 5:30 p.m.
The application is available online at www.leeearlycollege.com and with the middle school counselors at each Lee County middle school (East Lee, SanLee and West Lee).