to Child Nutrition Service
         to Child Nutrition Services!
     Thank you for letting us serve your children.
    Attention: Parents or Guardians   
    Any household with student(s) enrolled in Lee County Schools has the option to apply for free and reduced meals. To receive free or reduced price meals for your child, you must complete an application and return it to our office at 106 Gordon Street, Sanford, NC, or mail it to Child Nutrition, PO Box 1010, Sanford, NC 27331 or return it to your child’s school when school starts back.
    If a household receives Food Stamps your child(ren) should be direct certified through the state. This means you will not need to complete an application. If you receive food stamps and you do not receive a letter of notification from our office stating your child is automatically eligible for meals at no cost, please contact our office. If you do receive a letter of notification but do not receive one for all the students in your household, please contact our office at the phone number listed below.  For the first 30 days of the new school year, your child’s benefits from the previous year can be used. It is necessary for a new application to be completed and processed for the child to qualify for benefits for the new school year. A new application must be completed each year. If a new application has not been completed and approved by the end of the 30 day period the benefits will stop and your child will be charged for their meals. It is the responsibility of the parents to pay any charges on the student's meal account. To prevent charges from accumulating on a student's meal account, it is very important for a parent to complete a meal application as soon as possible. It is required that all necessary information be provided when completing an application. The benefits cannot be approved if the application is not complete. All Lee County School students in the household should be listed on (1) one application, even if they attend different schools.  A family may reapply for benefits any time during the school year.  You must complete an application that is dated 2019-2020. The applications will look different this year due to a change in our scanning software. Please don't wait, get those applications in as soon as possible. Applications will be available starting July 1, 2019. Once you have sent your application to us, if you have not received a letter of notification within 10 days, contact our office. If you should have problems completing the application or have questions, please feel free to contact our office at 919-774-6226 and ask for the Child Nutrition Office.
    USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
    new one  
    Click www.LunchApplication.com to apply!
        lunch  Pre-paying for student meals is another option by going to www.k12paymentcenter.com to add money to your child's account using a credit card. Users will be charged a $1.95 processing fee when adding money to meal accounts. 
    You will need your child’s student ID number.  If you do not know the student ID number, please feel free to contact the child nutrition office at 919-774-6226.

     In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices,     and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 


     Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.),  should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through  the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


     To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint,    and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form,  call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


     (1)        mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

                 Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

    1400 Independence Avenue, SW

    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;


      (2)         fax: (202) 690-7442; or


      (3)         email: program.intake@usda.gov.


      This institution is an equal opportunity provider.