2021-2022 School Year
Seems to be the one thing we can count on is that our world is unpredictable! Please know that I will always put your child's safety and education first. This world has been turned on its' side for well over a year and if you think about it, the last "normal" school year your child had was in elementary school! That being said, we will all need to be flexible and patient in the year ahead. There is no doubt that at some point, we have been and will again feel out of our comfort zone. Feel free to reach out to me with any concerns you have. I'm here to help!!!
Welcome to Mrs. Quiggle's Room!
Welcome to Mrs. Quiggle's 8th Grade Science Class!
I am so excited to be teaching Science in my 29th year of teaching. I am a Nationally Board Certified Teacher and have taught at the elementary, middle and community college levels in Lee, Harnett and Guilford counties. My favorite subject is Science! I can honestly say I love my job! I thrive on teaching students about the world around them and allowing them to discover new concepts and ideas. I am blessed with a supportive family, wonderful coworkers and fabulous students.
We will cover lots of interesting concepts this year. We will complete projects and do labs and activities. I appreciate you taking the time to invest in your child's education. This website will have lots of resources for you and your child to use throughout the year and as you review and prepare for the 8th grade EOG in May.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any concerns or questions. The best time to reach me is between 8:00 and 9:15 in the morning.
919-708-7227 x 1557
- Monday, August 23rd: First Day of School
- Monday, September 6th: Labor Day Holiday
- Tuesday, September 14th: Teacher Workday
- Friday, October 21st: Last Day of Quarter
- Friday, October 22nd: Teacher Workday
- Tuesday November 2nd: Teacher Workday
- Thursday, November 10th: Report Cards go home
- Monday, November 11th: Veteran's Day Holiday
- Wednesday-Friday, November 24-26: Thanksgiving Holiday
- Friday, December 17th: Half-day, beginning of Christmas Break
- Tuesday, January 4th: Students return