Phone: 919-776-8441 Ext. 1347
Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to East Lee Middle School! My name is Wendy Stone. I am the nurse for East Lee Middle School. As a school nurse, I am a licensed healthcare professional who plays a crucial role in promoting and maintaining the health and wellbeing of students in a school setting. The roles and responsibilities of a school nurse may include:
1. Providing health assessments: School nurses may conduct health screenings and assessments to identify health issues in students.
2. Managing chronic health conditions: School nurses may work with students who have chronic health conditions such as asthma, diabetes, and food allergies to ensure their needs are being met during the school day.
3. Administering medications and treatments: School nurses may administer medications and treatments to students, such as inhalers or epinephrine injections, for specific health conditions.
4. Responding to emergencies: School nurses are trained to respond to medical emergencies that may occur during school hours, such as seizures or allergic reactions.
5. Providing health education: School nurses may provide health education to students, staff, and families, on topics such as nutrition, mental health, and hygiene.
Having a school nurse is important because they are trained healthcare professionals who can provide immediate care and attention to students in the event of a medical emergency. School nurses can also provide ongoing support and management for students with chronic health conditions, which helps to ensure that they are able to attend school regularly and achieve academic success. Additionally, school nurses can help to promote and maintain the health and wellness of the entire school community by providing health education and promoting healthy habits.
The best way to reach me is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To reach me by phone please call 919 776 8441 Ext. 1347
“You treat a disease: you win, you lose. You treat a person, I guarantee you win—no matter the outcome.”
— Robin Williams