Welcome to Sports Medicine Here at LCHS!!
Currently we offer Sports Medicine 1 and 2 here at Lee County.
Sports Medicine I is a survey course designed to explore the field of sports medicine, risk management, anatomy of bones, muscles and the profession of Athletic Training.
Sports Medicine II is a secondary course that dives deeper into pathology of sports injuries, management skills and musculoskeletal conditions.
This course expands on Healthful Living and infuses clinical application of medical skills and health literacy. At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Communicate the job responsibilities of an ATC including legal, ethical, and confidentiality implications.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic directional/range of motion terminology
- Identify and name bones of the body
- Be able to prevent the spread of bloodborne pathogens through the appropriate use of personal protective equipment
- Demonstrate proper usage of RICE principles in basic injury management
- Demonstrate and explain proper warm-up procedures in order to prevent injury
- Have enhanced character skills of communication, responsibility and time management through the successful completion of after-school athletic commitments
- Assessing specific injuries to Musculoskeletal conditions
- Preventing injuries to upper and lower extremities
- Management of on and off field injury evaluations