Dear Parents & Students:
It is indeed a pleasure to reconnect with our returning students and to welcome those who are newly enrolled at Bragg Street Academy for the 2019-2020 school year. We look forward to partnering, once again, with our families and community and working together to assist our students with achieving their goal of graduating from high school and transitioning back to their base schools.
Bragg Street Academy was established to give high school and middle school students an alternative to the traditional setting. Both credit deficient students striving to get their graduation plan back on track and students that have made poor choices in their traditional school setting. As an alternative school, we recognize that one size does not fit all when educating our youth. We strive to provide opportunities for academic success through alternative approaches to learning in a supportive environment.
The mission of Bragg Street Academy is to help students choose success. Our goals as an alternative school are deeply embedded in our school improvement plan and are the driving force in our decision-making process. The goals of Bragg Street Acdemy are:
• To provide modes of learning to fit the individual needs of students.
• To provide opportunities for flexible scheduling.
• To help students achieve success both personally and academically.
• To establish clear expectations and high standards for behavior, attendance, and performance.
• To foster individual responsibility and accountability for learning.
• To provide students with the skills needed to be college and career ready after graduation.
I welcome each of you to Bragg Street Academy. Working together, I am confident that this will be a great school year!
Dr. Shannon Shuey