School MissionSUCCESS: Every Child. Every Day. Every Way.
School MottoStrive To BEE: Bold, Engaging, Encouraging !VisionJ. Glenn Edwards Elementary, together with students, parents, and the community, is committed to providing each student with meaningful experiences in a safe environment that enhances a lifelong love of learning; promotes a positive self-concept; encourages responsibility, creativity, individuality, good citizenship; and regards high expectations of all students as the standard.Beliefs
- Student learning is the chief priority of the school.
Our greatest desire is that our students are able to perform to their capabilities. Each member of the staff is racing toward one goal: achievement. Academics, behavior, and life skills are taught daily by every staff member from teachers to custodians.
- We believe a school, student, parent, and community partnership is vital to successful student learning.
In order for a student to learn, they require the support of everyone around them. It is vital for student achievement that everyone work together to reach their goal. We feel that one of the successes is the presence of parents and community in our school during the day to tutor and provide positive adult role models.
- Embracing diversity enriches the learning environment.
A diverse population creates many varied learning opportunities. Our students are able to experience many different cultures.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
Every child is different, and those needs must be recognized and met in order for them to achieve. It is not just their minds that are entrusted to us, but also their health and their emotional well-being. Our school is dedicated to providing a nurturing learning environment.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
Using strategies from Brain Based research and Rigor and Relevance, teachers are revisiting their classroom environments to make them more conducive to learning.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
Once our school completed this process, the mission statements and beliefs were placed in each classroom. It is important for all the stakeholders in our school to understand our vision for students.