Tennis at Lee County High School is taught during our 9th grade PE classes and our Advanced PE classes.
- Service starts in the rt. service court.
- The same person serves the entire game.
- The serve must land in the service box or a fault is charged.
- Two serves are given each time before a double fault is called and the pt. is awarded to the other team.
- If a ball lands on the line it is called “IN”.
- Love = 0 points
- 1st Point = 15
- 2nd Point = 30
- 3rd Point = 40
- 4th Point = Game
- Tied at 40 = Duece
- “Ad In” = Next point gained by server after deuce.
- “Ad Out” = Next point gained by receiver after deuce.
- Must win by 2 points to win game.
- 6 games wins a set.
- A match is won by winning the best 2 out of 3 sets.
Ground Stroke: Strokes made after the ball bounces on the ground to keep your opponent at the baseline.
Volley: A stroke made by hitting a short ball close to the net before the ball has bounced for the purpose of angling the ball away from your opponent.
Overhead: Similar to a smash or kill shot.
Lob: A high or lofted shot to the back court, used in defense of a player that has come to the net.
Let: A serve that hits the top of the net but is otherwise good