NTHS-National Technical Honor Society
Click this link to view a presentation about NTHS! Click ME!
National Technical Honor Society
NTHS is the acknowledged leader in the recognition of outstanding student achievement in career and technical education. Over 2200 schools and colleges throughout the U.S. and its territories are affiliated with the society. Member schools agree that NTHS encourages higher scholastic achievement, cultivates a desire for personal excellence, and helps top students find success in today’s highly competitive workplace.
Purpose of NTHS
- To recognize and honor excellence in career and technical education
- To encourage students to reach for higher levels of achievement, develop self-esteem and pride
- To champion a stronger, more positive image for career and technical education in America
- To promote critical work-place values– skill development, honesty, responsibility, service, scholarship, citizenship, and leadership
- To help member schools and colleges build and maintain effective partnerships with local businesses and industry
- To provide greater career opportunities for the NTHS membership and
- To promote educational excellence in America
To Become a Member...
You must successfully meet the Lee County High School eligibility requirements for NTHS. To be a member of NTHS you must:
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA and be a Sophomore, Junior or Senior
- Have taken or are enrolled in a second level or honors CTE course
- Be involved in a Career and Technical Student Organization (HOSA, FCCLA, FBLA, SKILLS USA, DECA, FFA)
Get on the NTHS Team
Joining NTHS is an important career investment, respected by business, industry, and education that will add value and prestige to your professional portfolio. Students pay a one-time membership fee. Student candidates must meet national and local membership standards and should be persons who have demonstrated scholastic achievement, skill development, leadership, honesty, responsibility, and good character. Membership in a career/technical student organization (CTSO) is important to leadership development and career preparation and therefore, strongly encouraged.
NTHS Student - Membership Benefits
- The NTHS membership certificate, pin, card, window decal, white tassel, and official NTHS diploma seal
- NTHS scholarship opportunities include the Jon H. Poteat scholarship and others through our career/ technical student organization partners.
- Letters of recommendation for employment, college, or scholarships.
- Recruitment opportunities by top U.S colleges and corporations
- Official commencement accessories and NTHS logo gear available for purchase at nths.org
- Online career center