Click here to download the above information.
Lee Early College Diploma “Drive-Thru” Celebration
What? Until we can safely conduct a traditional graduation ceremony, we think it is important to recognize the accomplishments of the Class of 2020 by distributing diplomas and providing a small, intimate celebration for each of our graduates. Graduates are encouraged to wear their cap and gown.
Who? Graduates and up to five (5) guests
When? The celebration will be held on Thursday, May 21st. Graduates will sign up for a time slot between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm. The appointment sheet will be available from May 13th - May 18th and can be viewed here: Drive-Thru Sign Up Sheet. To sign up for a time you must review the sheet and then email Ms. Willaert (email@example.com) your top three time choices. We will do our best to accommodate each student.
Where? The diploma “drive-thru” celebration will take place in the LEC parking lot near the LEC "pod.”
Questions? Contact the school at (919) 888-4502.
- Each graduate is allowed one (1) vehicle.
- Each graduate is allowed to bring up to five (5) people in their vehicle.
- Each graduate and their guest(s) must all arrive and depart in the same vehicle.
- No large vehicles such as buses, church vans/buses, or trailers will be allowed. Only cars, trucks, SUVs and family vans will be allowed. No person will be allowed to ride in the bed of a truck.
- All occupants must remain inside their vehicle until instructed by law enforcement to exit the vehicle for photos. Each school will have a designated area where family and friends should stand to view the stage and/or take photos.
- To accommodate the entire Class of 2020, graduates and their guests will be allowed up to five (5) minutes to remain out of their vehicle to take photos in designated areas.
- Once graduates have received their diplomas and have taken photos, law enforcement will direct families to the exit.
- Each school will communicate specific traffic patterns and directions that should be followed on their school campus.
- Any graduate with transportation concerns should contact his/her school prior to their assigned date.
- Any graduate unable or uncomfortable participating should contact the school to pick up their diploma.
Graduates and their families will enter the LEC driveway, and remain there until directed to pull into the parking lot by a staff member. Once directed into the parking lot, graduates and their families will be directed to a parking spot and be allowed to exit their vehicles. After the ceremony has concluded, graduates and their families will get back into their vehicles and exit through the back driveway of the LEC lot.