Essential 11 Active, Interdisciplinary Site Team
An active, interdisciplinary AVID Site Team collaborates on issues of student access to and success in rigorous college preparatory courses
- SanLee site team has become extremely committed and involved this year in all processes of growing AVID across our school.
- PD in AVID is embedded into all we do using administration and site team members.
- We analyze our plan quarterly to ensure we are on target to meet our goals and make changes in current practices.
- Site team members share AVID strategies at grade level and department PLC's which meet regularly.
- We incorporated one school-based parent meeting on AVID and one district-wide parent informational meeting on AVID.
- Our AVID students are actively involved by demonstrating tutorials, notebooks and agendas, and note taking strategies.
Site Team Plan
Goal 1To increase rigor in all classes at SanLee through increased knowledge in AVID strategies and WICOR
Goal 2To create a data collection and reporting system analyzing demographics, attendance, discipline, test scores and enrollment in higher level courses to ensure equal and appropriate access for all students
Goal 3Focus on and develop organizational skills that promote student goal setting, academic growth, and self-management through school-wide expectations and procedures