Essential 5 Instructional strategies
Instructional strategies are taught in the AVID Elective class to develop students’ organizational skills that promote academic selfmanagement.
have implemented school-wide binders, agendas, and supply list which we
saw assisted all students with organization in all classes.
- Core classes utilize Cornell, two, and three column notes to assist students with studying.
- Timelines and due dates are developed with AVID students in many core classes and AVID elective to assist in organization and time management.
- AVID elective and many core classes have implemented weekly binder checks.
- All students and staff participate in goal setting and tracking of longterm,mid-term, and short-term goals in classes and for the future.
- The AVID elective class teaches students how to check and monitor GPA.
- All students and staff are supplied with an agenda at the beginning of the year.
- Students unable to obtain binders and tabs are provided with these through donated materials.
- We have implemented school-wide binders, agendas, and supply list which we saw assisted all students with organization in all classes.