Professional Educator Tutorials for Online LicensurePlease click on the below link and select Professional Educator Tutorial BoxVideo tutorial topics include:General Public SearchNC DPI Registration
- Education and School System Sign-in
- In-state Initial Standard Professional Educator License
- Out of State Initial Standard Professional Educator License
- Updating Information and Creating a New Application
Professional Educator User Guide (click here to view user guide)Retiree Renewal Directions:
A retired educator is responsible for applying for renewal through the on-line licensure section. The retired educator must register for an account and create an application. If renewal is based on meeting CEU requirements at time of renewal, proof of credits must be uploaded. Application will require a license processing fee which must be paid by credit card (MasterCard or Visa) on the online system.Due to NC General Statue 115C-296(b), NCDPI Licensure Section has established a 5-year window immediately following retirement date, during which a teacher is not required to obtain CEUs, regardless of when the teacher's license actually expires. This window begins at retirement date. If a teacher, otherwise licensed at retirement, applies for a renewal of a license during the 5-year window, the Licensure Section will issue a "new" or renewed license notwithstanding the absence of CEUs during the 5-year period. If seeking renewal based on this option, documentation from the Retirement System of educator's retirement date is required and will need to be uploaded when making request.Example:
- 5-year license cycle is 7/1/2015 to 6/30/2020.
- Retirement date is 7/1/2015.
- Eligible for renewal without CEUs from 7/1/15 to 6/30/2020 (5 years from retirement date of 7/1/15).
- Any renewals for license after 6/30/2020 will require CEUs.