Getting Student Devices Test Ready
All testing devices (except Chromebooks) must have a secure browser installed prior to testing.Follow the directions below to download and install the secure browser:
Computer Download Instructions
- Click or copy and paste the link below into your browser’s address bar to download the secure browser. https://www.dropbox.com/s/58owavcs2tn2pjk/NCTest4Windows_Install.exe
- Click the Download button.
- Click on the downloaded file to run the install.
- Click Run.
- Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer? Click Yes.
- NCTest Secure Browser Setup Wizard - Click Yes.
- Select Destination Location (Do not make changes) - Click Next.
- Ready to Install - Click Install.
- The NCTest Secure Browser is installed on your device.
- Click Finish.
Tablet Download InstructionsFollow the directions below to download and install the secure browser on the Lenovo tablets:
- Select the link. https://www.dropbox.com/s/58owavcs2tn2pjk/NCTest4Windows_Install.exe
- Select Download.
- Select the downloaded file to begin the installation process.
- Windows SmartScreen can’t be reach right now - Select Run anyway
- Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer - Select Yes.
- Welcome to the NCTEst Secure Browser Setup Wizard - Select Next.
- Select Destination Location (Do not make any changes) - Select Next.
- Ready to Install - Select Install.
- Select Finish.
- The NCTest Secure Browser is now installed on your device (icon should appear on your desktop).
All High Schools Lenovo ThinkPad 2 Tablets** Lenovo Tablet (BIOS) Charging Fix **
Tablet will restart and update is complete
- Open the following link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hokics4pomyho4d/geuj72ww.zip
- Click "Download"
- Select to "Save File" and Click "OK"
- Open the folder that contains the downloaded file "geuj72ww.zip"
- Select the file and click "Extract All"
- Click "Extract" - Enter password "LENOVO" in all capitial letters
- Open the extracted "guej72ww" folder
- Run "WINUPTP.EXE"
- Click "Yes" to all the program to make changes
- Select "Update ThinkPad BIOS" and Click "Next"
- Be sure the tablet is plugged into power and Click "Next"
- Click "Yes" (Do not turn power off)
- Click "Ok"